Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin..............






Happy Mother's Day to me! Mother's Day morning as Charles and I were getting dressed for church and the "big day", Charlie was playing on his activity mat - I came out to check on him and WALLAH! He had rolled over off the mat and onto the carpet. OKAY - so we missed it and thought it wouldn't happen again.....just a fluke, right? NOT! As we were getting him dressed in his gorgeous Baptismal gown, he tried hard to do it again but his feet kept geting caught in the slip. By the way, my most special Mother's Day gift was him being able to wear the gown but Renee, as always, showered the day with other special touches - she had already monogrammed Charlie's name and Baptism date on the slip along side Landry's name! It warmed my heart and was a glorious way to begin the day. The day was in fact glorious and Charlie was such the perfect little boy......all throughout the day even with no nap. I experienced one of my closest moments to Christ and will write about it this week. So it's time to head back to work this week - with mixed emotions as we adjust to new things in our lives. It's not a fear of leaving him, it's just being without him. I want to soak him all up each and every day. Fortunately I have a job where I am home 2 days of the week so I have to keep telling myself it won't be so bad. I'm thrilled with Miss Kandice who will be keeping him and I know the first week will be an adjustment for all of us so I ask you to keep us close in prayer. He will be fine and likely won't even know I am not there - I just don't want to miss one whimper or smile and now that he has so many expressions and sounds he makes, it is going to be tough. The pictures I am posting were taken last week. He was playing like a wild man on his activity mat and I was in the laundry room folding clothes. Not 5 minutes later, I turned the corner and he was all tuckerd out. I thought it was a precious moment to capture so I got on the floor to take pictures of him. As I moved to the other side to take pictures of his backside, I got down on the floor and the next thing I knew he was staring me in the face. He's got it down pat from back to tummy but gets frustrated when trying to get back over - it's coming though! Last week we had to remove the bumper pads from the bed and lower the mattress - I must say, it's looks so "empty" in his room now. No more of the cute little baby bed - just a shell of wood with an angel sleeping in it. I'll take that anyday. Enjoy and love, peace and prayers to all!

Charles, Julie and Charlie

No comments: