Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crumpdate!

Hello everyone. I just got off the phone with Julie and she sounded like she was on cloud 9! They still haven't named him officially but I will let you know when they get it inked. Here is the low down:

1) This is the new blog I have set up for them. I will post on it until they come home so feel free to check it periodically to see if there is anything new on it. You may want to save it to your favorites for quick access.

2) Baby Crump needs to find a barber. Her exact words were 'My son has a TON of hair!' I loved hearing that!!! She said that he has way more than my daughter, Landry and she has quite a head full.

3) They have pictures and she is sending them to me. As soon as the paper work is signed, I will post them on the blog.

4) The birth mother was not originally going to see the baby but as it turned out she did. She wanted to hand him over to Julie personally and everything went very well. Julie had a chance to talk with her and get some answers to some questions she had. She feels really good about everything and if I know Julie, she showed a compassion for her that this woman has probably never experienced from someone else....especially a stranger. She has a story, like we all do, but she knows that giving this baby to Charles and Julie is the right thing. It takes a pretty selfless person to love your child enough to give him up. Most of us couldn't even imagine it. Please pray for her...she really needs to be lifted up in prayer as she heals from this both physically and emotionally.

5) The last thing she said was that his feet were HUGE!!! I am sure his Daddy is so proud :)

I will talk to her again tonight after they get back from their next visit and will post again later tonight. Take care and continue to keep those prayers coming!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Big baby boy Crump, you are going to be loved so much!! I just know that you and your Mommie and Daddy and you can feel the love eminating from Mississippi across the miles to yall. Be good - I know you will be - and eat and sleep and don't be too rough on your parents!! Can't wait to meet you baby and give your Mom a big hug. And I promise I won't teach you anything bad until your at least 6 months old. Always
Aunt Lizzie

Tena McKenzie said...

He is spectacular! I am crying tears of joy for all of the Evers and Crump family members--adoption has been a blessing to my family and I know will be to yours too. Sending lots of hugs and love from all of us at Children's Hospital...we can't wait to meet the little one.
Tena McKenzie