Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Charlie's a Growing Boy!

First I want to thank everyone who has been checking in on us and praying for us on this life journey of ours. It has been an amazing 1 1/2 years waiting on the child GOD had chosen for US! All the times I questioned why we didn't have a child yet, I now know the answer.

We had our visit with the pediatrician yesterday and she said he looks great............growing just like he should be. He's grown 1 1/4 inches in 2 weeks and weighs a whopping 9.5 butt naked! (and it's mighty cute I might add)
Last Friday we had his little heart checked out by his Godmother Jen and the pictures were perfect! It was quite funny to have one of the cardiologists ask us why we were having a fetal echo done on him and Charles and I both looked and each other, and then at him, and said, "Because we can!" Need anymore be said. Well, tomorrow is the big day for his little manly surgery (OUCH! OUCH!) I asked the nurse if it would hurt him and she said it would hurt me worse than him so there is some comfort in that - and thank you for Tylenol!

Today is a beautiful day and when Charlie awakes from his nap, we will be taking a stroll outside in the wonderful sunshine. Today is a special day - it's Sophie's birthdy and she would be 2 years old. Her sister Landry is Charlie's future mate. Today we will send Sophie the balloons Charlie was given at the airport when we arrived home by all of our wonderful friends. We'll make sure to tell her the musical balloon still works. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!

I'm new at the blog concept so give me some time to learn all the tricks..............Aunt Nay Nay has already taught be a whole bunch.......but my photos will never look like hers.

Thank you all again for ALL you each have done! We couldnt have done it without you!

LeAnna, you are a Godsend. Thanks for guiding me through this journey and for catching me when I fell down.

We'll update after our adoption post place visit and Charlie's snip snip!

Love to all,

Charles, Julie and Charlie

Before I started this post I checked out the biblical meaning of Charles Jackson's name:

Charles Strong Man
Jackson Gracious gift of God

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Bravo!!! You did a fabulous job on your first blog. I couldn't be more proud. I hope you love blogging as much as I do. One day Landry will be a ble to read what a nut job her mama can be sometimes....love you!!!

Samantha said...

Hey, Julie!! I still just can't believe it's really happened!! He is adorable, and those pictures are beautiful and sweet. You are so blessed to have such an adorable, healthy and BIG baby!!